You Are Enough

Thursday, January 19, 2017


I can't name the last time I confidently wore a bathing suit. I have spent the past 22 years wrestling with the overwhelming feeling that I am not enough. I allowed the lies that Satan placed in my heart to become truths I believed about myself.  I am not enough. I am not pretty enough. Skinny enough. Funny enough. Smart enough. And these lies, these awful and ugly lies, began to sink in and control the way I interacted with those around me. I let my insecurities interfere with relationship and the investment in those around me.

Today I want to share with you a truth that Christ tenderly whispers into each and every one of our souls: you are enough for me. I am a beloved daughter of Christ. I am cherished beyond all measure. The Creator of the entire universe used His creativity to form my innermost being. He knitted me together forming me in my own perfect uniqueness. He looks upon me and sees beauty and worth and calls me His own. Ladies, when we realize how dearly God loves us we will find ourselves beginning to love ourselves. Not in a prideful or boastful way but, instead, we will begin to see ourselves through His eyes. No number on the scale or size jeans will make Jesus love us any more than He already does.

This weekend I had the opportunity to practice the renewal of mind as I sought to see myself just as Christ sees me. A beautiful masterpiece for who He calls His beloved. I am nothing but lovely in the eyes of Christ. So, I put on my once dreaded swimwear and spent an afternoon of complete and utter joy with friends whom I love so dearly.

So for those of you who find yourself dreading summer. For those who are constantly sitting on the sidelines due to fear of judgment. For those of you who are constantly in need of affirmation from this world. First and foremost, I know and I am here with you. Secondly, let's stop, you and I, giving Satan power He doesn't deserve. Let's love more. Live more. Laugh more. Sing more. Run more. Play more. And simply, in the beautiful name of Jesus, be more. Jesus calls us to more. So let's take this calling and run fearlessly into a life of abundance in Christ.

No comments :

Post a Comment